5 REASONS YOU’LL FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS HIDDEN ITALIAN ISLAND
Difficult to find this place on the map though, Ponza Island is one of the most idyllic escapes in Italy. It probably is the best kept secrets of the country but for those reading this post, not anymore. Today we are unwrapping the 5 reasons that will compel you to fall in love with this Mediterranean island. Take a quick look:
1. The Spectacular Tyrrhenian Sea: When you make your way to the Ponza Island; jaw-dropping view of the Tyrrhenian Sea is the first thing your eyes will be treated to. The crystal clear waters are a scintillating combination of azure and cobalt blue hues. Boats are easily available for a closer exploration of the glory of the sea.
2. The Historic Grandeur and Treasure Hunt: Apart from the superb vistas around the island, the dotting man-made caves are quite an attraction. These caves are believed to have been built for the breeding of moray eels (a fine delicacy of the island), but the stunning architecture suggests otherwise. The statues, hallowed archways and pools inside are captivating. If you happen to bring along a snorkeling mask you could venture into some treasure hunt too. It is true; people still find gems under the surface.
3. Delectable Fresh Seafood: Fishing is the primary source of income of the Pozesi people. You will probably not taste better seafood anywhere else in Italy. The moray eel, sea urchin and the octopus are among the top delicacies. There are nice restaurants and small cafes that will serve you fresh food all day long.
4. Adorable Community Life: Ponza may be a hidden secret for foreign tourists but not for Romans. The natives of Rome land on the island in the summers. Despite this and a little international visitors, the locals have succeeded to maintain there unique culture that is undisturbed of any outside interventions. The community life that lays its foundation on mutual trust make for a delightful experience for a first time visitor to witness.
5. Just So Easy to Move Around: You can leisurely stroll around the entire island easily. There is a hotel by the name Chiala di Luna, where you could stay and then follow easy road signs to reach the beach or other places. Discovering the rich topography while walking down the the paths is as fascinating as the enjoyment at the beach. Sunbathing after the foot excursion will count for a superb experience.