India is a diversified country located in South Asia and is the 7th largest country in the world ans has a population of 1.2 billion people making it the 2nd most populous countries in the whole world. Indian is one of the fastest growing countries in the world after getting Independence from the United kingdom in 1947. Today, India has the 3rd largest standing army and the Indian economy is the world’s 7th largest by nominal GDP and 3rd largest by purchasing power parity. Make in India project initiated by the Indian Government has gained world wide popularity and it has increased the Foreign Direct Investment up to $31 billion in first half of 2015 even surpassing US and China. India is well known for it’s unity in diversity. Different religions, languages and cultures are practiced in India. The natural and man made monuments of India have incurred millions of tourists eyes, thereby increasing the tourism flow in India. India, as divided in 29 states and 7 Union Territories has so much to offer to it’s tourists from Himalayas up in North to Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the south; form Tea leave garden in East to Enchanting Deserts in West. Planning a trip to India would provide you with a lifetime experience and you would never regret it. Now, lets discuss some amazing facts about India.
- Oldest civilization that originated in India is the Indus Valley Civilization.
- India never invaded any country from the last 100,000 years.
- Chess, the famous game was invented in India.
- Name India, was derived from the Indus river, around which the first civilization resided.
- Interestingly; algebra, calculus and trigonometry was originated in India.
- The largest number of Post offices in the whole world is in India.
- Indian Railways is the highest job provider in the country, with over 1.2 million employees!
- Decimal and the Place value system was developed in 100 B.C.
- Until 1896, India was the only country where diamonds were mined.
- Kumbh mela, the largest gathering of people at one place is so large that it is clearly visible from the outer space.
- India has the 2nd largest English speaking population in the world after USA.
- Interestingly, buttons that we use, were invented in India.
- City Montesoori school is the world’s largest school with highest number of students and is located in Lucknow.
- Software is exported to 90 countries from India.
- Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism and Buddhism, these four religions were born in India and is followed by 25% of the world population.
- Martial arts and Yoga, both originated in India.
- Space program of India is one of the top 5 space programs in the world.